Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lunch & Class meeting(:

For lunch today I went to my Chinese teacher's house! Her mom cooked us some food and it was really delicious! One thing I can say is that the house I live in now is nothing compared to the house my Chinese teacher, Gao Yi Zi lived in. Her house reminded me more of what China was like. Her mom was a very kind woman. They told me to eat more and more because I don't eat as much as I should, but I was so full already! Of course, I didn't want to be rude so I ate and ate until I really couldn't take it anymore!

Gao Yi Zi's mom cooking for us!

Fruit that they gave me after the meal, It was so difficult to eat!
After lunch we headed back to the classroom and I had some Chinese lessons. When that was over, I headed back to the school for the class meeting. Everything was arranged for me as I walked in! Kids wrote "Welcome Emma" on the blackboard and had a powerpoint that they created!

It was so sweet because they had presented everything to me in English and they had a script well prepared for me also! 

After they had welcomed me to the class, some of the students had prepared songs to sing for me. Some songs were in English and others were in Chinese. After they sung their songs, we played a guessing game, where I would face the class, someone would write something on the wall and someone would act it out in front of me and I would have to guess what the word was without looking at the board. 


The guessing game!
 After the games, I taught them a little about Hawaiian and Hawaiian culture. They all seemed to be pretty interested and were surprised about the temperature in Hawaii! Also about the history of the Chinese coming to Hawaii.


2 comments:

  1. OMG! this sounds SO COOL! i would TOTALLY LOVE TO DO THIS LMAO
    you went to your teachers house!? thats kinda boss lmao "teachers pet" HAHA
    and also the class sounds like fun :) playing games and them treating u like a god. LUCKY GURLL!
    hoo whatta hawaiian teacherrrr :p
    "pehea oe" = how are you
    "maikai au" = im good! LOL

    HAHA u see humuhumunukunukuapua'a

    ReplyDelete
  2. o btw what kinda fruit it that? looks like pomegranate

    ReplyDelete